Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Gigabit Challenge Finale

On Wednesday, January 18th, we will be blogging live from the Gigabit Challenge Finale in Kansas City, MO.  Last Spring, Google announced the recipient of it's high-speed fiber internet project - Kansas City (both KS and MO).  I was especially excited because I live and teach in Kansas City, KS.  As part of the deal, the schools would be receiving the service free.

After the initial buzz, I found myself wondering how my classroom would benefit from the speed.  Would innovation be more possible with my 5th graders because of the service?  Would the internet service attract ideas that could be tested in my classroom?  Would it do anything?

At the finale, I will learn about the range of possibilities.  I will seek to filter these business plans through my education filter.  I hope to be able to dream clearer after Wednesday.  I am excited to learn more from the event - check out the speaker line up!  If you would like to join in the fun you can check out this blog again on that day, watch the event live here, follow the hashtag #GBfiber and @gigabitchallengekc, or follow either myself or my co-blogger on Twitter:

Jon - @jonathanferrell
Britt - @brpumphrey

I'm curious to find out what I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment